Tree Roots, Weather, And Soil Settlement Are The PRIMARY Causes Of RAISED SIDEWALKS!
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding uses a Precision Concrete Cutting Method for removing trip hazards from uneven sidewalks and other concrete walkways. The Precision Concrete Cutting Method has been used across the nation for over fifteen years. We’ll help bring your sidewalks in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) with a method more effective and less expensive than conventional scrabbles, concrete grinders, or removal and replacement.
Common Causes of Trip Hazards
Concrete sidewalk raises elevation due to the following:
- Tree roots growing under slabs pushing upwards
- Heaving and settling due to frost
- Buckling due to displacement of sub base
These changes in elevation causes Trip Hazards and may result in serious injuries that affect:
- Pedestrians with mobility impairments: difficulty lifting feet, or crutches which can cause trips and falls
- Pedestrians with visibility impairments: difficulty detecting changes in elevation which can cause trips and falls
- Pedestrians with wheel chairs or wheel chair riders: difficulty with or inability to roll over steep changes in elevation
Keep the Sidewalk, Remove the Liability
This ensures an ADA Compliant slope of 1:8 on sidewalk panels and 1:12 slope on handicap accessible areas.
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding ensures the experience and expertise to comply with Federal Law and protect your Property assets.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 defines a ‘trip hazard’ as any vertical change of over 1/4 inch or more at any joint or crack. Since the ADA demands strict compliance, trip hazards represent a legal liability to our clients. Cities, school districts, hospitals, churches, shopping malls, universities, apartment complexes, and other large buildings are all extremely concerned with this liability.
Trip Hazard Removal Applications
- Cities and Municipalities
- Central Business District
- Complements Removal and Replacement
- Neighborhood Redevelopment Programs
- Proactive Sidewalk Repair
- Private Campus
- Property Management
- Facilities Management
- Renovation- ADA Compliance
- Home Owners Association
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding inspects the grounds before any work done to ensure all concrete trip hazard areas area 100% service satisfaction.
Concrete cracks ¼” and bigger are also fill to ensure a level surface.
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding is pride providing professionalism, work on schedule and good reputation. We also have to respect our clients’ confidentiality.
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding prides in providing professional, on time work while still maintaining an excellent reputation. We also respect our clients’ confidentiality.
Call us today at 1-800-793-3702 to schedule a visit tailored to your exact needs or let us provide a FREE ESTIMATE
Raised sidewalks create TRIP HAZARDS causing INJURIES
INJURIES result in LAWSUITS
Our portable equipment reaches any walkway to do the job quickly & leave the area CLEAN!
LET US REMOVE ALL YOUR TRIP HAZARDS & YOU WILL SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!