SEAL COAT – Preventative Maintenance
Most common colors are white, yellow and green, blue for all ADA compliance. Parking Lots are usually spray painted to 4” single lines or double lines, road surface marking paint; arrows, names, numbers, etc.
The development of an effective parking lot sign program requires the coordination of several interrelated criteria. An effective sign program must have to take into account the following:
1. Circulation system in the parking lot. 2. How do visitors currently drive around and through the parking lot? 3. Where do you want visitors to park? Where do you want staff to park? Where is disabled access parking? 4. What is the desired path of travel on the roadway system, to parking, for visitors and staff? 5. What is the desired path of pedestrian travel from parking to building entrances? 6. Location of building entrances in relation to parking. 7. What is the availability and voltage of electricity at these areas? 8. Adequate light on and around directional signs. 9. Placement of signs in locations where people expect signage.
These elements help establish the basis of a clear sign program that communicates and informs in a direct and simple manner. A parking lot sign program that works well is one that has been planned as an integrated whole from the vehicle directional signs, pedestrian directional signs, building, and building entrance identification through parking lot exit signs. Another important consideration is that a parking lot sign program needs to be planned in accord with a cohesive organized parking plan for both visitors and staff. The parking lot sign program needs to be coordinated with an organized parking plan for both visitors and staff. Visitors will need way finding information, whereas staff will not. In split use parking facilities where a section will be designated as “visitor parking” and another section will be designated as “staff parking”, only the visitor parking section will require way finding signage.
TRIP HAZARD REMOVAL – Tree Roots, Weather, And Soil Settlement Are The PRIMARY Causes Of RAISED SIDEWALKS!
Raised sidewalks create TRIP HAZARDS causing INJURIES
INJURIES result in LAWSUITS
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding uses a Precision Concrete Cutting Method for removing trip hazards from uneven sidewalks and other concrete walkways. The Precision Concrete Cutting Method has been used across the nation for over fifteen years. We’ll help bring your sidewalks in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) with a method more effective and less expensive than conventional scrabbles, concrete grinders, or removal and replacement.
Common Causes of Trip Hazards
Concrete sidewalk raises elevation due to the following:
1. Tree roots growing under slabs pushing upwards
2. Heaving and settling due to frost
3. Buckling due to displacement of sub base
4. These changes in elevation causes Trip Hazards and may result in serious injuries that affect:
5. Pedestrians with mobility impairments: difficulty lifting feet, or crutches which can cause trips and falls
6. Pedestrians with visibility impairments: difficulty detecting changes in elevation which can cause trips and falls
7. Pedestrians with wheel chairs or wheel chair riders: difficulty with or inability to roll over steep changes in elevation
Keep the Sidewalk, Remove the Liability
This ensures an ADA Compliant slope of 1:8 on sidewalk panels and 1:12 slope on handicap accessible areas.
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding ensures the experience and expertise to comply with Federal Law and protect your Property assets.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 defines a ‘trip hazard’ as any vertical change of over 1/4 inch or more at any joint or crack. Since the ADA demands strict compliance, trip hazards represent a legal liability to our clients. Cities, school districts, hospitals, churches, shopping malls, universities, apartment complexes, and other large buildings are all extremely concerned with this liability.
Trip Hazard Removal Applications
Cities and Municipalities, Central Business District, Complements Removal and Replacement, Neighborhood Redevelopment Programs, Proactive Sidewalk Repair, Private Campus, Property Management, Facilities Management,
Renovation- ADA Compliance, Home Owners Association
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding is pride providing professionalism; work on schedule and good reputation. We also have to respect our clients’ confidentiality.
GBR Concrete Sidewalk Grinding prides in providing professional, on time work while still maintaining an excellent reputation. We also respect our clients’ confidentiality.